David Hosenpud represents clients in the defense of class action and individual discrimination suits in both federal and state courts. His class action experience includes defending clients in lawsuits alleging wage and hour, and Title III violations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. David has extensive jury trial, court trial and arbitration experience.
His other commercial litigation experience includes:
- Multi-million dollar claims involving breach of contract and fiduciary duties;
- Letter of credit and securitization litigation;
- Tortious interference with contract and business relations;
- Non-competition actions; and
- Misappropriation of confidential and trade secret information.
David has been described by Chambers® USA’s Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as “a litigator whose practice combines labor and employment and general litigation. Areas of focus include the defense of discrimination claims, wrongful discharge and class actions. He advises on employment termination, leave disputes and whistle-blower retaliation claims. ”
Chambers® sources said that “he is practical, understands the business side of claims, is easy to work with and communicates well.’”
- Joni Summers v. Extendicare Homes, Inc. Case No. 3:11-cv-128-BR | Portland, Oregon
- Represented the defendant against a claim brought by a former employee who alleged whistleblowing violations and wrongful discharge.