Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on October 16, 2018
This course is an introduction to family law as it pertains to the issue of custody within various legal contexts. This course will be most informative to legal professionals who do not practice family law, or who are considering the practice of family law, or other nonlegal professionals whom have professions that are impacted by family law.
Ms. Hedman is an Oregon Family Law Lawyer who specializes in child custody disputes, divorces involving spousal support, child support, business division, retirement division, and real property rights. Ms. Hedman is also very experienced in family law issues involving a child’s safety and often works with immediate danger orders and status quo orders, defending either side of family abuse restraining orders, elder abuse restraining orders and sexual abuse restraining orders.
2 General Credits
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state’s rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state’s CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney’s primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- Custody generally;
- Noncustodial Parent rights;
- Potential Impact of various factors;
- Inviting an Expert to join your case: Custody Evaluations & Attorney for Child (Guardian ad Litem);
- When parents define custody, and the benefits of Stipulations;
- The impact of Parenting time (visitation) on Custodial Rights:
- How various factors pertaining to the minor child or parent can impact the amount of parenting time awarded;
- Common terms that should be included in a parenting plan that can further limit or increase custodial rights.
- UCCJEA and Custody.
- Child Support impact on custody and visa versa;
- Parenting time (visitations) impact on support orders;
- Enforcement of Custody and Parenting Time Orders.
- When custody can become complicated
- Abuse- Restraining Orders;
- Addiction and /or Mental Illness;
- Options (Immediate Danger Orders/Protective Orders/Restraining Orders);
- Unbridled emotions-when things get complicated even though simple solutions are available;
- Modifications of custodial or parenting time designation;
- The Third Party.
- Tips on how to find basic legal guidance on most of these legal questions and issues in your state.
- Local Rules
- Government Web Sites
- Case Law