Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on March 23, 2020
Often the nuances of Ga traffic law get overlooked. There are plenty of little things that can mean a world of difference to your client. In this course we will discuss several tips and strategies to maximize your effectiveness in representing your client in areas such as Commercial drivers, drivers under 21 years of age, and saving your client points on their license.
James R. Dutton
Born and raised in Griffin Georgia, James R. Dutton is deeply invested in his community. After graduating from Georgia State University in Atlanta summa cum laude with a degree in economics with concentrations in healthcare economics, public sector economics, and human resource economics and a minor in Urban Policy Studies with a concentration therein in nonprofit leadership. While expected to continue on to study for a PhD in international economics, James instead choose to attend GSU College of Law attaining a Juris Doctorate. During this time, he also once again joint enrolled at the GSU Andrew Young School of Policy Studies where he received a Masters in Public Administration. James is married to his lovely wife, Kristen, and they both have their own firms, hers a CPA tax firm and his a criminal defense, and traffic law firm, in downtown Griffin, GA.
1 General Credit
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state’s rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state’s CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney’s primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- Definition of distracted driving with legislative history
- Effects of that points violations (include a point about under 21 drivers)
- Way out/how attorney should respond to this
Following too close without accident
- Law itself and language of the law ocga
- Effects/points violations how state’s have been using it on I-75 for profiling (camera angle)
- Trial strategy for the defense
- Why they are really pulling people over for this
- What it is
- Great substitute for FTML, following too close, other traffic violations involving an accident
- Most prosecutors that I have been in front of don’t know what it is
- DDS class otherwise clean records….negotiation strategy carries no points doesn’t effect CDL
Under 21 years of age violations
- What that means (any 1 violations
- NOLO will not save a license for under 21
- Any 1 four pt offense for a licensee under 21 years of age will cause a suspension
- Accumulation of 4 points in 12 month period can cause suspension
- 180 days rule
No points orders
- What it is
- Great in lieu of nolo when nolo cannot be used
CDL violations/how to save
- 180 saviors/look back
- Non moving violations
- No points orders how to get one
Speeding and points