Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on November 24, 2018
This course will cover High-Level techniques for negotiating when the stakes are high and there is always a non-negotiable element. From an author who has resolved extortion of a political figure and kidnapping of a federal agent’s son (with no money changing hands) to hundreds of relationship issues, merger and acquisition cases, and the preparation of witnesses for important trials. This course is not about getting the best deal on a hotel room, this one is based on real-life situations where consequences are severe and there are only minutes available to evaluate your rival. If you deal in high-level cases, this is information you cannot be without. At the very least, this course will double your negotiating ability.
Steven Riznyk is a high-level negotiator who runs an immigration and business law/litigation firm based out of San Diego. As a negotiator, he has resolved, inter alia, blackmail/extortion for a high-level political figure, international kidnapping of a federal agent’s son (both with no money changing hands), many relationship issues, and career destruction scenarios for doctors, lawyers, and actors. His natural talent in this area, combined with his education helped him create his own conflict resolution model. This same persuasive ability has enabled him to prevail in a myriad of business litigation and immigration cases that clients were informed were impossible to win.
2 General Credits
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state’s rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state’s CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney’s primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- A Good Negotiator Tells You To Go To Hell In Such A Way You Look Forward To The Trip.
- With Negotiations, There Is Usually No Middle Ground. Ideally, Each Party Gets What They Want, Even If They Don’t Know At This Moment In Time That They Want What You Are Offering.
- Politically Correct Isn’t Always The Right Way To Do Things; Morally And Humanely Correct Always Prevail, And Those Positions Are More Easy To Persuade Your Rival Of.
- Ignore The People Who Think They Have To Win At Everything
- Don’t Use The Tricks Of Negotiations You Picked Up In A Book….People May See Through Them And It’s Over…Negotiations Should Be Fluid And The Temperature Changes Every Few Seconds
- You Need To Live, Breathe, And Be The Resolution You Are Seeking…Remember That There Is Always A Non-Negotiable
- Your Rival Must See Themselves In You
- Your Rival Must Trust You From Word One
- You Cannot Unring A Bell—One Wrong Word-One Thought That Can Be Misinterpreted—You May Not Get A Chance To Correct
- The Tone Of Your Voice Will Affect The Dynamics
- Every Smile, Laugh, Frown You Make Is Subconsciously Recorded By Your Rival
- The Way You Carry Yourself Will Betray You
- You Will Be Judged Before Uttering Your First Word
- Every Single Thing You Say Will Be Interpreted According To His/Her World
- Your World Is Not Their World
- We Believe What We Want To Believe And What We Choose To Believe
- Emotions Rule-The Tail That Wags The Dog, And These Are Based On Your Rival’s Life Before You Two Met
- Your Rival Will Provide You With Literally Thousands Of Cues At Different Levels That Inform You Of Who They Are