Out of stock
Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on July 15, 2020
Practicing law is highly stressful. Lawyers have one of the greatest rates of substance abuse, and mental health problems. Now, we are plagued with a lethal COVID-19 pandemic. Stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental/emotional health challenges are at their height. Mindfulness is a powerful antidote to stress as a well-documented means of calming and quieting the mind while increasing concentration and the ability to focus. Mindful Meditation is a formidable antitoxin to the virulent and noxious effect of unprecedented stress. Attorney Constance d’Angelis teaches both skills in this course.
Constance is a seasoned attorney and mediator. Her practice consists mostly of U.S. District Court Bankruptcy and related State Court matters. She provides legal counsel to small business clients; and engages in guidance with respect to mortgage modification issues. This includes home ownership, and lending associated therewith. She mentors aspiring attorney/mediators.
2 Specialty Credits
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state’s rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state’s CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney’s primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- Mindfulness and Benefits
- What is Mindfulness?
- What are some of the Benefits?
- Regulates emotions and reactive behaviors;
- Enhances mental focus, flexibility, and attention;
- Reduces anxiety, panic attacks, and chronic pain;
- Promotes ease of falling asleep and staying asleep;
- Lowers blood pressure, and heart, metabolism and breathing rates;
- Increases brain and immune function;
- Amplifies relaxation neurotransmitters and other calming chemicals.
- Stressors and stress effects on mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Mindful Awareness Quiz
- Identify specific effects of stressors
- How our central, peripheral nervous systems, and cranial nerves including the Vagus nerve are affected by chronic stress.
- Mindful Meditation skills and practice.
- Mindful Breathing;
- Mindful Object Focusing;
- Mindful Eating;
- Mindful Movement Meditation, Creativity, and Guided Meditation;
- Present moment, contemplative, transformational, word, image, sound, walking, sitting, physical sensation, and other forms of mindful and mindful meditation practice.
- Path to incorporating mindfulness and mindful meditation into daily life.
- Present moment focus during unpleasant or unwelcome task(s);
- Noticing emotional reaction or response to a trauma, conflict, or stressor;
- Employing mindful focus on mundane or usual activity;
- Committing to proper breathing;
- Setting aside at least five (5) minutes each day for closed eye Mindful Meditation;
- Keeping a Mindful Journal.