Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on March 20, 2020
This course will cover what you need in order to get your cases started off on the right foot. From understanding expectations to avoiding potential “problem clients”, we will cover how to discern the quality of the case and the quality of the client.
Julian J. Carash
Attorney Julian Carash devotes 100% of his practice advocating for the rights of victims in personal injury cases. He has handled numerous high profile civil injury matters throughout California which gained national media coverage, including representing plaintiffs in the Bay View Hunters Point toxic tort case in San Francisco, the Fiesta Night Club shooting case in San Jose, as well as others. Julian has litigated numerous matters to successful resolution in various counties throughout California and is the lead trial counsel and managing attorney of Carash Law, San Jose. Julian also serves as a volunteer student mentor to law school students for several local Universities, including Santa Clara University School of Law, UC Hastings College of Law, Golden Gate University, University of Pacific, and others. He also offers his time as a volunteer moot court judge for the local law schools. Julian Carash has obtained million-dollar results in multiple cases.
2 General Credits
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state’s rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state’s CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney’s primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- Communication- make sure you are talking to the right person!- do not go through other people- allowing other people into the initial consultation- identify the plaintiff vs. vehicle owner vs. policyholder- understanding how the attorney has support staff
- Injury- identify the injury- history of the client’s medical- previous injury to the same body part?- insurance has the right to review prior meds
- Client expectations- prior claims/ client’s prior legal experience- client expectation- layout the next 1-2 years for the client
- Property Damage – separate claim from BI- what is your law firm’s policy on PD claims?- understanding PD and how it affects BI
- “Kiss of Death”- large gaps in treatment- numerous prior claims – convictions for fraud- MIST- “money is no object”- “it’s about the principle” or “that’s not fair”