Live Webcast/Rebroadcast – You watch the course online at the specified date and time shown below. You can ask questions and receive answers during the course.
On-Demand – You watch the course anytime and will have access to the course 24/7. Our On-Demand courses are available within 5-10 business days after the original recording and accessible for one year.
This program was recorded on September 25, 2018
The United States relies heavily on its substantial ground transportation network, specifically trucking operations. This course addresses the main issues facing trucking companies in day-today operations, such as compliance with state and federal transportation safety regulations, the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), the International Registration Plan (IRP), fuel taxes, freight claims, and commercial drivers’ licensing and safety compliance, as well as the basics of starting a trucking company and obtaining the required licenses and permits.
Since 2001, Ben has represented thousands of commercial and passenger-car licensed drivers in traffic court, obtaining reductions and dismissals of violations in the vast majority of cases. In addition to extensive experience in traffic law, Ben works with trucking companies to ensure compliance with state and federal transportation safety regulations, the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), the International Registration Plan (IRP), fuel tax and apportioned registration audits, worker’s compensation claims, and unemployment compensation cases, as well as business contracts, real estate, employment, and collections.
2 General Credits
ProLawCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
ProLawCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state's rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state's CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, ProLawCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, AZ, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, SD, PR.
OH Attorneys please note: OH Supreme Court will not approve any course that was aired more than 12 months prior.
SC Attorneys please note: Registration must occur no later than 5 business days from the event date or course accreditation is not guaranteed.
ProLawCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney's primary state of licensure, ProLawCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- Federal and state regulatory and safety compliance.
- Obtaining and maintaining licenses for interstate and intrastate trucking operations.
- Commercial vehicle licensing and compliance with IFTA, IRP, IRS use tax and state fuel taxes.
- Dispute resolution over freight charges and cargo claims litigation (Carmack Amendment).
- Creating independent business entities to separate hard assets and real estate from operating company to maximize asset protection.
- Drafting of commercial motor vehicle leases, owner-operator agreements, shipper-carrier agreements for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Resolving violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and state agency safety regulations.
- Traffic violations and CDL licensing.
- Hazardous materials transportation safety and permitting.
- International trade issues, including US Customs and Border Protection ACE and Canada Border Services Agency PARS programs.